Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Night The Lights Went Out....Everywhere

I wonder what would happen if the lights just went out. Well, a couple years ago, almost, we got a small glimpse of what would happen. The world went bonkers and there were congressional hearings to figure out why it happened. I suppose congressional hearings don't really mean much anymore.
It seems like there are congressional hearings about everything now. Oh well.
Anyway, can you imagine what would happen if the lights all went out. Most of us would just go nuts. I don't think that anyone would spend much time looking for alternatives if they were told by reliable sources that the lights were not coming back on anytime soon. I think that most people would spend the bulk of their time being pissed and trying to figure out who to blame and what to do in the meantime until the television came back on.
I know a few things that stayed the same for me when the power went out. I still sat around the house drinking and enjoying the company of my friends as I always did at that time of day. For me that time of day was 1 in the morning. We lit candles and talked like we always did. We didn't have television to begin with. We had a television, but we rarely if ever used it because we could literally not get a single channel. We never watched television. We just spent time together. That is not in any way, shape, or form meant to make this look like an innocent Little House On The Prairie type gathering. We were debaucherous heathens. That's not to say that we just gathered and held mass orgies...that is sickening to think of considering a good many things, none of which even scrathched a moral surface. I am not trying to distance myself from morals as we all had them. I just want to lay it out. It was a nightly party. That's just how we lived.
I don't know where I was going with this. Well, I do, but I see it as kind of moot so far.
I want you all (what few of you there are) to do me a favor and think about something for a minute or two. Think about what you would do if you found out that you had to spend the rest of your life with just words and candles. What would you do? Do you think that maybe that's what you should be doing anyway? Do you think it matters? Do you think that would change people or do you think that everyone is just fine without all that?

Let me know,

Shanfroman

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Campfires would add to the mix very nicely I think. Plus we would only have to wait a couple weeks for most of the sheeple to die off. It would be a turn for the better IMO.

4/02/2005 7:43 PM  
Blogger Bald Jason said...

What happened to the new post? There was a new one on Sunday morning. Wasn't there?

4/19/2005 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter