Monday, May 30, 2005

Star Wars, Tom DeLay, and a Head Superglued to the Dashboard of a Government Car.

Okay, so it has been nearly a month and a half since I last wrote anything on here and I can see that I need to go public. The reason I haven't written anything is that I have been totally wrapped up in some information gathering and Star Wars fever. I am a Star Wars geek and so I can only come to one conclusion. Had he not done this movie I may have had to order George Lucas to be shot out of a cannon to a galaxy far, far away. With that having been said I have to say that overall I am hugely impressed with the movie and I will be going to see it again and again and again. Hee hee. Now on to the numbers....

As is to be expected just coming out of the gate Hillary Clinton has taken a commanding lead in the polls over her potential democratic rivals in 2008. I know this all sounds very preemptive, but in Washington time things are just starting to heat up. This is the time of year when the presidential hopefuls start to get their names out there and on the lips of the average voter. Although as of right now I don't believe that Hillary Clinton will even need to. A CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll of a small sampling of registered voters showed that 52 % were Very Likely or somewhat likely to vote for her. There were no specifics as to how many were democrats or independents or republicans, but really who gives a crap because it's still 3 and a 1/2 years away. The only reason I mention this is I am a nerd for that type and of thing and I am interested.
Meanwhile, next year here in the state of Michigan we are going to be re-electing or electing a senator. One Debbie Stabenow is up for re-election next year and as of right now I don't how I feel about that, though I am inclined to support her again as of now.
Am I the only one like hideously pissed off at Tom DeLay for taking shots at Law and Order? Is he really that desperate to change the topic and sound righteously smacked around by the media? For god's sake Tom, will you just get over it. No one is going to care about Law and Order when your ass gets kicked out of the House because you are a fucking criminal. I myself, do not want to see him step down or get thrown out just yet. I would like to see if he can be the albatross around the neck of the republican party next year. Remember boys and girls, next year is just as important and last year was. Anyway, what I am looking to see is if we can possibly drag down some of the bastards who ran with DeLay and go from there. I know there aren't a lot of people who are going to get screwed because he doesn't have all that many friends left who would be willing to go down for him. In fact, I think that when the House Ethics Committee goes at him it will look a little different than it did the last time. I would like to see him booted out or forced to resign or something sick like that just when the elections are starting to heat up. I think his goose is cooked no matter what if the democrats play their cards right. The man has run wild through the streets of Washington for years taking fistfuls of cash from any hooligan who promised to serve him yogurt and now it's coming back to haunt him. Even if he does make through the investigation without being lynched right on the house floor he'll have to go back to Texas and try to keep his job and it's starting to look like when he does that he will be drawn and quartered and his head will be placed on the dashboard of the car that takes whoever replaces him to Washington. It will be mounted right in the middle of the dashboard as a gruesome reminder for people who could end up so corrupt and far to the right that Texans don't trust them anymore.

That's all I have to say for tonight. As soon as I can and I'm hoping it will be tomorrow or Tuesday, I am going to try to write to you about the Real ID Act, the nomination of John Bolton and anything else that might be trying to make it's way through the House And Senate under the radar of the average voter.

Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith Butler vs Debbie Stabenow
hell yes, thats what i'm talking about - i curious as to how that one will all play out



that's no moon... that's a SPACE STATION, punk!

6/08/2005 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Website Counter